A rundown of important points and deadlines!
Future Sparks is a national video and persuasive writing competition for students in Australian schools.
Entries are for students age 8 - 13 years old.
- Video entries are to be around 2 minutes and no longer than 3 minutes
- There is no word limit to the persuasive writing entry
- Future Sparks competition deadline 25 JULY
- The People's Choice vote for videos will run from Monday 30 July to Sunday 5 August
- NO PowerPoint presentations will be accepted and the videos must be free from copyright restrictions. No popular music or downloaded images for example.
- All entries are to be submitted online at the Video Competition page or the Persuasive Writing page.
- Please take note of your video ID number, generated at the time of uploading your entry.
- ALL entries for the video competition MUST have a corresponding Parental Consent form posted to:
Green Cross Australia
PO Box 12117, George Street, Brisbane QLD 4003
- State finalists for the video competition will be contacted by Wednesday 8 August and will also be identified in the video gallery on the Future Sparks website.
- Where it is logistically possible, state finalists for the video competition only will be flown, with an accompanying teacher or parent, to Canberra for the national awards ceremony. Other finalists will be linked to the awards ceremony via videoconferencing.
- Skype an expert sessions are available on a 'first in, first served' basis to classes participating in the competition.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries about Future Sparks competition.
- You can email enquiries about the CSIRO Education lesson plans and fact sheets to email@example.com
Please check the Competition Rules for all judging criteria and terms and conditions.
We asked Australian students to make a video or convince us in writing about their BIG ideas for a sustainable energy future.
Check out the fantastic videos we received, all about sustainable energy solutions!VIEW THE GALLERY OF ENTRIES
Explore the fascinating science edging us closer to low carbon living. This fun, flexible project includes easy-to-use ICT, oodles of resources and FREE lesson plans from CSIRO Education.
Links to Australian curriculum, plus NAPLAN rehearsal.Find out more