Prize winnersWatch video now Watch video now Watch video now Watch video now Watch video now Watch video now Watch video now Watch video now
Even though the standard was very high, we asked our panel of experts to pick winners. After some serious deliberation, we announced the prize winners at an awards ceremony in Canberra, at Questacon, on 16 August 2012.
The awards ceremony was broadcast live via the internet. The overall winner, state winners and people's choice received $1000, with $500 going to their school and $100 to their teachers. Highly commended winners received $100 each and persuasive writing winners received $500 each.
Congratuations to our video prize winners!
- Connor Hookway and Jamieson House from Table Cape Primary School in Tasmania (ID 84)
- The Ice Cream Eaters, Nundah State School (ID 157)
- The Windaroo Green Team, Windaroo State School (ID 96)
New South Wales winner:
- Shaylee and Morgan, Moama Anglican Grammar School (ID 158)
Australian Capital Territory winner:
- Years 5 and 6 Maribyrnong Primary School (ID 73)
- The Green Team, St Joseph's the Worker (ID 116)
People's Choice winner:
- Zaidyn Melrose, Harrington Park Public School NSW (ID 85)
- Reagan Minchin (ID 58), Connall Minchin (ID 64), Jodie & Lizzy (ID 74), Evie and Rebecca (ID 75), Maribyrnong Primary School ACT
- Carbon Kidz (ID 79) and The Ball Launcher (ID 86), South Halls Head Primary School WA
- Oscar Mower, Ascot State School QLD (ID 80)
- Elliot Ross (ID 92) and Year 6 Energy Felt (ID 93), Dayboro State School QLD
- Jahn Scott, New Town High School TAS (ID 94)
- Year 3, Hall Scotch Oakburn College TAS (ID 114)
- Corbit Holmes, The Southport School QLD (ID 142)
- The Megawatt of Power (ID 155) and The Super Solars (ID 159), St Philip's Primary School VIC
- The Windies, Kincoppal Rose Bay NSW (ID 170)
- Luke, Miles Tom and Max, Waverley College NSW (ID 183)
Check out all the other great videos in the Gallery of Entries!
Persuasive writing winners
An Trinh, Clairvaux Catholic School VIC
Seth Homfray, from Snug Primary School TAS
Dominika Pasztetik, Banyule Primary School VIC
Year 4, Miss Mahaffey's class, Cooloola Christian College QLD
Thanks to all the clever and creative students who sent in videos and persuasive writing entries.
After a week of voting and deliberation from our judges, we announced the prize winners at an awards ceremony on 16 August 2012.VIEW THE PRIZE WINNERS
We asked Australian students to make a video or convince us in writing about their BIG ideas for a sustainable energy future.
Check out the fantastic videos we received, all about sustainable energy solutions!VIEW THE GALLERY OF ENTRIES